City of Lister
Your character begins with some basic equipment and a little bit of money to buy more, or save for later.
All starting characters begin the game with a weapon of choice, 25 silver pieces (sp), and a backpack.
Roll d20 on this table until you get the same result twice or the table instructs you otherwise
1. Padded or animal hide armor + 1 AC
2. Leather armor + 2 AC
3. Studded/ring mail AC + 3 or take leather armor or a cloak and (no matter what you choose) roll d10 + 10 on this table from now on
4. Chain or Scale mail AC + 4 or take leather armor or a cloak and (no matter what you choose) roll d10 + 10 on this table from now on
5. Plate mail AC + 6 or take leather armor or a cloak and (no matter what you choose) roll d10+10 on this table from now on
6. Shield, + 1 AC vs melee, + 2 AC vs ranged weapons
7. Long Bow, Heavy Crossbow, Musket, or Shotgun with 6 shots
8. Short bow, light crossbow, sling, or pistol with 12 shots
9. Melee weapon of your choice, it may be thrown
10. Roll d20 under your charisma. If you fail, take one thing, if you succeed, choose a number of things off this list equal to the number under, then stop.
11. Tinderbox with flint and steel
12. Mirror or collapsible 10’ pole
13. 50 silver pieces or or thieves’ tools
14. 2d4 torches or lantern with 2d4 oils
15. 50ft of rope
16. Grappling hook
17. Bedroll + some mundane object smaller than a breadbox not on this table
18. 20 Caltrops or 10 foot chain
19. High quality religious symbol/book or high quality blank book with quill and jar of ink.
20. Rations: 1 week of food and water
I’m pretty sure I originally took this from DnD with Pornstars, but I’ve been looking for it there and can’t find it. Don’t have time to keep looking now, but I’ll link to the original when I do.